My journey with horses has evolved over the past two decades. When I come from the perspective of genuine caring for the animal, and the horse understands that, we accomplish amazing things.
Whatever equine discipline you choose, English or Western riding, will be greatly enhanced when you understand my remarkable 7 Step Safety System – a versatile horse training sequence that prepares any horse to be ridden, whether a young horse, problem horse or seasoned campaigner.
I invite you to join me in embracing this timely horse training movement as stewards in a rapidly changing world that so needs our attention.
As a child, a twist of fate blessed Frank Bell with the gift to befriend even the fiercest canines. As an adult, that fate (and gift) again nudged Frank, this time in the direction of the equine. From that moment forward, Frank Bell never looked back as his career in the horse world exploded. Frank quickly became one of the premier respected horse trainer masters in the most significant revolution in horse training and handling techniques to come along for hundreds of years.
Frank Bell’s 7-Step Safety System has helped thousands of horses and their owners worldwide to bridge the communication gap. This remarkable system of horse training exercises immediately puts both parties on higher ground. Instead of riding in fear, horsemen and women are now riding in greater confidence. Most importantly, safety is always at the forefront.
Horse whisperer Frank Bell has been featured on all major networks, in numerous newspapers and horse magazines, and on Fox TV live in New York City just before the movie The Horse Whisperer hit the theaters in 1998. A follow-up three-part series reporting on Frank’s 7-Step Safety System in Western Horseman magazine catapulted Frank into the international arena by the end of the last century. Bell says,
“My mission is to help horses and humans on all levels
become more grounded in a world that is ever more
rapidly heading in the opposite direction.”
Frank has proudly earned the title and domain name: www.horsewhisperer.com
2015 – Present
2010 – 2015
Private training and consulting Windrider Ranch, Idaho & Windrider Ridge, NSW, Australia. Safety demonstrations for youth groups in Northern Rivers, NSW.
2000 – 2010
Private training and consulting at Windrider Ranch, Ashton, Idaho. Bi annual 7 day clinics at White Stallion Ranch, Tucson, Arizona
1994 – 2000
Head trainer Rocky Mountain Training Center in Larkspur, Colorado. Specialized in helping troubled horses and starting young horses. Conducted clinics and intensive workshops in the greater Denver area.
1993 – 1994
Operated sale and training barn Kamschatka in Camden, SC. Specialized in working with troubled horses in the area. Retrained thoroughbred race horses for fox hunting, hunter/jumper. Conducted clinics on natural horsemanship in Columbia, SC area.
1988 – 1992
Abercrombie and Kent/Rolex Polo Team. Started polo horses at 2 years in preparation for South Florida high goal competition. Involved in all aspects of operating the facilities in Cameron, MT and Lugoff, SC, from breeding, foaling, imprinting, halter breaking, and starting the young horses. Retrained thoroughbred race horses for careers in hunter/jumper, jumping, three day eventing, and trail. Studied the horsemanship techniques of Buck Brannaman, Sherri Merica, Ray Hunt, Pat Parelli, John Lyons, Omar Viale, and Linda Tellington-Jones thoroughly while incorporating aspects of each into the Frank Bell system. Studied with a Lakota Sioux elder and learned the secrets of Sioux training and horsemanship.
1986 – 1988
Owner/operator Bullwheel Ranch, Varney, Montana
- Rocky Mountain Training Center, Larkspur, CO – Colorado “Trainer Of The Year” 1999.
- Rock “N” Win Equitherapy Tallahassee, Florida: “Advancing Awareness and Support for Equitherapy.”
- Equi-Kids Therapeutic Riding Program and Triple-R Ranch Special Equestrians: “Appreciation and Recognition of Support to the Therapeutic Riding Industry.”
- Sonrisas Therapeutic Riding of San Angelo, Texas – Special acknowledgement to Dances With Horses for its support and generosity.
- North American Riding for the Handicapped 1997 National Conference Special Recognition for outstanding support of NARHA and NARHA Member Therapeutic Riding.
TV Documentaries, Series & Spots
- Local: market TV coverage throughout the U.S. including Denver, Chicago, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle, Phoenix, and numerous smaller markets.
- FOX Pet News: Live, downtown New York City, July 1998
- CBS TV: “A Day in the Life of a Horse Whisperer,” May, 1998
- ABC TV: Channel 13, Colorado Springs, CO – “Horsewhisper Series” May 1998.
- ESPN: Suzuki Great Outdoors – With Bert Jones – July, 1998